The Smart Fitness Workout DVD
Recent Research overwhelmingly conforms the important connection between regular, quality physical activity and healthy nutrition for achieving and maintaining health and well-being.
Recommended for all children 4 to 11 years old.
The Smart Fitness, Smart Foods Manual and CD complement this DVD
The DVD has 3 sections
1. Movement Rationale
2. Movement and Music Fitness Routines
3. Active Nutrition Games
Fitness Routines Featured in This DVD and Their Benefits
1. Smart Fitness Smart Foods : Midline Movements- Benefits These sequential, developmental movement patterns ( starting with spinal movement, then homologous movement, next homolateral movement and finally contralateral (cross-crawl) movement) support and increase the depth of integration of the body and brain. They provide for exploration of each side of the midline before crossing the midline, helping in learning to read and write.
2. Step it up : Lateral Movements- Benefits
Lateral movements help children develop a sense of their left and right sideness of their bodies. Lateral movement is a key developmental step for learning to cross the midline.
3. Invite a Vitamin to Dinner : Benefits Physical activity helps to stimulate neural network connections. Movement integrates and anchors new information into neural pathways between the left and right hemispheres of the neo-cortex, helping to stimulate the brain and keep it young.
4. I'm Not Gonna be a Couch Potato:Energetic Movement Benefits Increase heart rate and support cardiovascular health and endurance.
5. Veggie Power : Spinning, Tumbling movements Benefits This fun, music-and -movement based routine helps participants improve concentration, focus, coordination and balance. Movements like spinning,tumbling and rolling - movements involving the vestibular system ( i.e. sensory system of the inner ear, coordinating with our eyes ) - support our senses of balance and spatial awareness. They are of particular benefit to learning and reducing stress.
6. Mission Nutrition : Cross-Lateral movements Benefits
Cross lateral movements activate both sides of the brain, aiding in the assimilation of new learning and remembering of details
7. Happy To Be Me : Brain Gym Movements and Music at 60 beats per minute Benefits
Music at 60 beats per minute helps to stimulate the limbic system and support positive emotional experiences during learning ( Don Campbell the Mozart effect - we stock the complete range of the Cd's see Mozart for Children and Adults in left hand blue column ).
Brain Gym Movements
Arm Activation Helps with writing and fine motor control
The Elephant supports sense of balance and memory
Brain Buttons and Earth Buttons support crossing the body's midline and much more ( see the Brain Gym Teacher's Edition which contains all 26 movements )
8. It's Been A Really Good Day : Brain Gym Movements
Positive Points - helps relax the learner, reduce stress and make learning easier.
Lazy Eights - supports eye-muscle coordination, especially for tracking across the visual midline when reading.
Gravity Glider helps with concentration and comprehension.
Energy Yawn - Releases tension in the head and jaw creating a more relaxed environment for learning
All 26 Brain gym activities are in The Brain Gym Teacher's Edition Book