This product Is not officially on our site for purchase at present. It may be out of stock, out of print, currently shelf stock only or being readied for upload. Please contact us about availability.
This groundbreaking book provides teachers with an accessible, research-based blueprint for developing student meta-cognitive skills and ensuring that students take responsibility for their own learning.
The authors use the findings of cognitive scientists to highlight quality questioning behaviours and explain how to apply them for improved student outcomes.
1. Framework for Thinking through Quality Questioning-In what ways can quality questioning advance both student and teacher thinking?
2. Frame Quality Questions-What are the characteristics of questions that engage students in thinking and deep learning about content?
3. Strengthen Thinking-to-Learn Behaviors -How can teachers and students use quality questioning to deepen thinking and increase learning?
4. Use Formative Feedback-How can questioning serve as formative assessment and feedback to advance student learning?
5. Developing Response-Ability-In what ways can teachers cultivate and nourish student responsibility for learning?
6. Create a Culture for Thinking: How can you use quality questioning to create a classroom culture where students and teacher work together to advance thinking and knowing?
Resource A: Processes to Engage Learners in Thinking
Resource B: Sample Tools for Formative Assessment References Index
Authors: Walsh and Sattes Pub 2011 USA Pb 193 pages